About Imperial Productions
Imperial Productions is a dynamic theatre company based in the centre of London, England. Formerly known as Imperial Opera, we perform a diverse range of material, and pride ourselves in our innovative and creative style. We often produce rarely-performed works, which have in the past ranged from Sondheim and Berstein to Purcell and Vaughan-Williams.
So what sets Imperial apart from the crowd?
- Our diversity of styles. We perform works from across the whole spectrum of theatre - ranging from opera and operetta to musicals and plays.
- Our choice of shows. We often present less well-known, technically challenging, and rarely-performed works.
- Our style of production. Our productions are innovative and unconventional.
- Our standards of performance. We work to the highest standards of singing, acting and musicianship.
Imperial Productions usually presents two shows a year in fringe theatres in and around Central London. In the past our shows have taken us to Network Theatre, the Barons Court Theatre, the Brockley Jack, Hoxton Hall and The Cockpit Theatre. In December, we perform a suitably frivolous Christmas entertainment in the small Devon town of Budleigh Salterton.
On top of all this, we organise workshops and play readings to investigate the feasibility of possible future shows, enjoy works that wouldn't be viable as main productions, and explore and develop members' performing and directing skills.
Our committee is the driving force behind the company. They decide the programme and help produce our shows:
- Helen Wright - Chair
- Siegfried Hodgson - Treasurer
- Jenny Perry - Secretary
- Dan Young - Technical Manager
- Liz Chadwick - Committee Member
- David Phipps-Davis - Committee Member